“Walk- About Durango”
Friday, May 5th, 2017
4:00 pm-7:00 pm
Thank you for interest in hosting a location for the 2017 “Walk- About Durango”!
Register Now: DWE 2017 WALK-ABOUT LOCATION Host Registration
The Durango Wine Experience brings hundreds of people to downtown Durango during this tasting. We would love to direct that traffic right in to check out your local business! The “Walk-About” is our signature, multi-location, tasting event. This format not only gives our patrons a taste of wine, but a true taste of downtown Durango!
Over a thousand people, from fifteen different states attended the DWE last year! As our event grows, so does the demand to host locations! We are always looking to feature cool new locations for this signature event… but, as a non-profit organization, we are limited to the number of Special Event permits we can have and the fees add up! So, please sign up early, as we are limited to ten “Walk-About” Locations.
All new and returning establishments that would like to host a 2017 location please download the DWE 2017 WALK-ABOUT LOCATION Host Registration
“WALK-ABOUT” LOCATION HOST REGISTRATION:
The Durango Wine Experience will provide-
• The wine, the people and the fun!
• Be our guest at Thursday’s VIP Welcome Reception and at Saturday’s Grand Tasting (3:00-6:00 pm)!
• Two Grand Tasting passes and 2 DWE wine glasses, $180 Value.
• Website Inclusion: Your logo and a link to you on the DWE webpage: www.durangowine.com
• Print Advertising: Listing in the Event Program and on the “Event Locator Map” in DWE brochure.
• Opportunity to put brochures or coupons in DWE Welcome Bags.
• The special event permit liquor license needed for your location.
• A security person at the door to control the crowd and keep all wine on premise.
• Wine and/or Spirits delivery to your location the day of the event
• Three or more Tables for wine pouring. All tasting supplies needed per table: bus tubs, ice, water pitcher, spittoons, table cloths, etc.
• All Guests will have their glass upon arrival and take it with them. No mess!
• Opportunity to pair with a local food producer or caterer.
• Three or more prestigious national or international winery representatives. These professionals will pour the wines and talk about their wine and winery.
• Personnel to complete set-up/ breakdown.
Minimum requirements for hosting a location during the “Walk-About Durango”-
• DWE 2017 WALK-ABOUT LOCATION Host Registration
• Location Fee of $125
• Location must be located in downtown Durango. In order to keep this a “Walk-About” we can only accepting requests from locations that are within this grid: Main Avenue up to Second Avenue; Between College Drive (6th St.) and 9th Street.
• Room for a minimum of three- 6 foot tables.
• Access to water (pitchers to be refilled).
• Light “wine-friendly” finger food, enough for 25-75 people per wine table. Since this is a “moving” tasting, we suggest one half (1/2) be set up for guests at 4:00 and the remainder at 5:30pm. The DWE can provide a list of recommended caterers to contact from our restaurant partners.
• Access to your location for set-up/event/clean up between 2:00pm and 7:30pm.
• Restroom as needed.
• Trash can(s) for paper waste.
• Display of City of Durango Special Event Permit Notice for 10 days.
• Provide the DWE with a floor plan of your location, needed for our Special Event Permit Application.
• Signature of the DWE-2017-SPECIAL-EVENT-PERMIT-LOCATION-PERMISSION
• DWE 2017 Poster at location leading up to the event.
• Inclusion of the DWE “Walk-Around Durango” in any of your “upcoming events” publications.
• Link to the DWE webpage on your website: www.durangowine.com
|DWE Vendor Table Fees|
Please mail all checks to:
The Durango Wine Experience P.O. Box 2123 Durango, CO 81302
Please include your location name on the check.
Welcome! Once we receive your registration and payment, you will receive a welcome email with more information regarding your location, the other events, wineries and all things Durango Wine Experience!
Please contact us at anytime with any questions. Thank you!
Durango Wine Experience
Leah A. Deane
Board of Directors
The Durango Wine Experience
P.O. Box 2123
P.S. Do you have a donation in mind for the Grand Tasting Silent Auction on Saturday? Click on this link to find out more and to be directed to the DWE: Grand Tasting Silent Auction Item Donation Form